Grasping God’s Word is a hands-on approach that helps students learn to read, interpret, and apply the Bible with accuracy and confidence. The following 5-step process is taught and practiced each week using passages directly from the Bible:
- What did the text mean to the original audience?
- What are the differences between the biblical audience and us?
- What is the theological principle in this text?
- How does our theological principle fit with the rest of the Bible?
- How should individual Christians today live out the theological principles?
Approximate time commitment:
3 hours per week outside of class to complete each week’s readings and assignments:
Current enrolment and active participation on Survey of the New Testament 1. Computer with microphone/camera and high-speed Internet access.
This class will be taught each week using a live on-line video conferencing (WebEx) format.
Grasping God’s Word by J. Scott Duvall and J. Daniel Hays (3rd edition) (This book is available in hardcover, Kindle, Kobo, and iBooks format)