Many people find the Holy Spirit mysterious and confounding. Why is the third person of the Godhead (the one Jesus said would be the believer’s ultimate source of truth and comfort) the source of such confusion? You’re invited to a lively 10-week teaching and discussion course that will open the Bible and reveal that the Holy Spirit’s chief desire is for relationship. He stands ready to offer the encouragement and guidance of a trusted friend. If you’re hungry for a deeper relationship with God, come and join with others in the exciting journey of strengthening your relationship with the Holy Spirit.
The Junction (Oceanside Church Office), 2304 Jingle Pot Rd
Class days and times:
Tuesday's 7:30PM - 9:00PM, January 12 - March 15, 2016
|The God I Never Knew by Robert Morris. Copyright 2011 WaterBrook Press|
Lesson List - Spring Quarter 2015
- Week 1 - January 12
- Course overview and the Holy Spirit’s presence in the Old Testament.
- Week 2 - January 19
- The Holy Spirit in Jesus’ life.
- Week 3 - January 16
- Jesus’ promise of the Holy Spirit’s ministry.
- Week 4 - February 2
- Week 5 - February 9
- The Holy Spirit’s activity in the rest of the book of Acts.
- Week 6 - February 16
- The Holy Spirit’s role in conviction, salvation, sealing, and assurance.
- Week 7 - February 23
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit.
- Week 8 - March 1
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Week 9 - March 8
- The two expressions of tongues.
- Week 10 - March 15
- Walking in the presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
Note: If you would like to receive a certificate of completion for this course you must attend at least 80% of the classes (this means you can miss no more than 2 classes during the spring quarter) and complete all course readings.